The Women Arise Collective is a global circle of women committed to triumph over trauma caused by sexual violence.
Unapologetically rooted in faith – but not religion, the Collective is an ever-widening community of women affected by gender-based violence. Spanning from rural villages in Africa to backrooms and boardrooms in the United States, these survivors walk with one another while reclaiming the image of God that shines from within.
Born from a nurturing residential program for rape survivors in Kindu, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Women Arise Collective challenges societal norms that have historically cloaked women in shame and cast them from society. Where sexual violence is often used as a weapon of war and intimidation, the Collective challenges the status quo as survivors break their silence together.
Utilizing innovative communications solutions, the Women Arise Collective shifts culture itself through training, community engagement and media strategies.
– We have trained at least 200 women in behavior change communications & stigma reduction
– We have engaged thousands of women through 35 community events in 4 countries (DRCongo, Nigeria, Uganda, South Sudan)
– We have reached the general public (at least 10 million people) through bold radio, television & social media messaging in these countries
With your help, the Women Arise Collective can:
- Train women in leadership, communication strategies and trauma-informed care (5 countries, including United States)
- Equip and engage interfaith coalitions to confidently and publicly advocate the sacred worth of women
- Develop & broadcast new media that confronts deep-rooted narratives about sexual violence and stigma
- Provide income-generating skills for survivors without a means of support at the residential program in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo
Please consider a monthly pledge of $25 or more. You will strengthen the foundation beneath our feet, as our path continues to widen.